Character Default /82 ⍟
Text Audio /177 ⍟
A character is a player-controlled persona in the game with a unique name in the game world.
After logging into Path of Exile a character can be created though the character creation screen.
A character can be created in different leagues. The game recommends to start in the current standard challenge league.
Once the league has been chosen, a character class can be selected. The classes differ by starting location on the passive skill tree, the quest rewards they're given, by their base attributes and their general appearance and voice. They also each have different possible Ascendancy classes.
Players can freely choose the name of their character, however it has to be unique on the realm and it is not possible to use non-ascii letters or numbers in the name. The only special character allowed is the underscore. If a character has remained inactive for over a year their name will become available for other players to use when creating a new character.
There is also the option to create a PvP–only character.
By default only 24 characters can be created. After that existing characters have to be deleted in order to create new a one; however this limit can be extended by purchasing additional character slots from the Path of Exile Shop.
The stats found in the subsections can be found on every character, regardless of the character class.
- +15 to Evasion Rating
- 20% of Energy Shield Recharged per second
- Base Critical Strike Multiplier: 150
- Regenerate 1.8% of Mana per second
- +15% Chance to Block Attack Damage while Dual Wielding
- 10% more Attack Speed while Dual Wielding
- +3 to Maximum Endurance Charges
- +3 to Maximum Frenzy Charges
- +3 to Maximum Power Charges
- +4% to all Elemental Resistances per Endurance Charge
- +5 to Maximum Blood Charges
- 1% increased Movement Speed per 20 Rampage Stacks
- 2% increased Damage per 10 Rampage Stacks
- 4% additional Physical Damage Reduction per Endurance Charge
- 4% increased Attack Speed per Frenzy Charge
- 4% increased Cast Speed per Frenzy Charge
- 4% more Damage per Frenzy Charge
- 40% increased Critical Strike Chance per Power Charge
- 6 additional maximum Blade Flurry stages
- Can have up to 1000 Rampage Stacks
- Can have up to 5 Righteous Charges
- +1 to maximum number of Summoned Totems
- +10% of Maximum Energy Shield to maximum Recovery per Energy Shield Leech
- +10% of Maximum Life to maximum Recovery per Life Leech
- +10% of Maximum Mana to maximum Recovery per Mana Leech
- +10% to Maximum total Energy Shield Recovery per second from Leech
- +20% Maximum total Mana Recovery per second from Leech
- +20% to Maximum total Life Recovery per second from Leech
- +50 to Maximum Rage
- +75% to maximum Chance to Block Attack Damage
- +75% to maximum Chance to Block Spell Damage
- +75% to maximum Chaos Resistance
- +75% to maximum Cold Resistance
- +75% to maximum Fire Resistance
- +75% to maximum Lightning Resistance
- 90% to maximum Physical Damage Reduction
- Call of Steel has +12 to maximum Steel Shards
- Can have up to 10 Azurite Stacks
- Can have up to 15 Remote Mines placed at a time
- Can have up to 15 Traps placed at a time
- Can have up to 20 Frost Nova Stacks
- Can have up to 20 Talisman degen Stacks
- Can have up to 4 Viper Strike Orbs
- Can have up to 5 Explosive Arrow Stacks
- Can have up to 5000 Darkness Stacks
- Can have up to 75% Dodge Chance
- Can have up to 75% Spell Dodge Chance
- Can have up to 8 Fire Beam Stacks
- 15% less Shield Damage in PvP
The character level is used for a variety of purposes, most importantly character level will be a limiting factor for equipment.
The character level can be increased though gaining experience which is obtained by slaying monsters.
Once a certain threshold is reached, the character will level up gaining one passive skill point and the following bonuses:
- +12 Maximum Life per Level
- +2 Accuracy Rating per Level
- +6 Maximum Mana per Level
Wikis Content is available under CC BY-NC-SA 3.0 unless otherwise noted.